Since 1980, The Northwest School has graduated students with "historical, scientific, artistic, and global perspective, enabling them to think and act with integrity, believing they have a positive impact on the world." This objective is the basis of our Mission Statement.
We invite you to join the many individuals and families who, since the School was founded, have given generously to help ensure that our graduates are ready for the world.
The Northwest Board of Trustees subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights which affirms their recognition that philanthropy is a voluntary act for the common good and sets standards for the integrity of the program.
An excellent education requires funding beyond what tuition provides. During the 2012-2013 school year, NWS has three major giving priorities:
- Uniquely Northwest: The Annual Fund is the core of our fundraising program.
- Growing Our Campus Campaign: Dollars raised through this campaign will fund the 401 E. Pike Street Campus Expansion project.
- Taussig/Raymond Financial Aid Endowment Fund: The Endowment ensures long-term support for both faculty and students. Our annual fundraising event has historically raised money for the Endowment. This year's event Pizazz 2013!, will be on Saturday, May 18, 2013.
There are many ways to support The Northwest School:
- Check or cash make checks payable to The Northwest School.
- Credit/Debit cards Visa or Mastercard, we can set-up periodic (monthly or quarterly) installment payment plans if you wish.
- Online giving
- Stock or wire transfers
- Workplace giving*
- Employee matching gifts*
- Corporate or family foundations
- Planned giving
*Many employers will automatically deduct charitable donations from your payroll and forward the contribution directly to us. Additionally, some will match your charitable donations to double the impact of your gift. Inquire with your Human Resources department.
For more information on how you can support NWS, please contact Leila Thomas, Director of Development, at 206-816-6228. You may also click here for a list of frequently asked questions about giving at NWS .
"There is no greater gift for a parent, or to our greater society, than the creation of a well educated, empathetic and tolerant child."
- Kirby and Nancy Thordarson, Alum Parents '05 & '10