Academics are Everything, and Everything is Academic
The best problem solvers are creative thinkers, so the arts are a central part of our academic program and time spent is equal to or greater than the other academic disciplines.
We believe every mind is a creative one, and we know that the power of the arts extends beyond the studio. In fact, there is growing empirical evidence that engagement with the arts leads to
- Stronger academic records across all subjects, such as math, humanities, and science
- Higher rates of civic engagement, including voting and volunteering
- An increase in empathy and compassion for others
Get Ready to Stretch
The visual arts will teach you to interpret, analyze, and express yourself using various media and open your eyes to the aesthetics of the world around you.
Through performing arts classes, you will explore different forms of expression, develop confidence and poise, and understand the importance of collaboration and teamwork.
Each trimester you’ll choose two arts classes across four disciplines: dance, music, theater, and visual art. Experience one of the broadest offerings of art disciplines to choose from in the region.
Choose from more than 50 courses, including:
- Photography in a traditional dark room
- Stage Design using a fully equipped scene-building shop
- Ceramics in one of the largest ceramics studios in Seattle
- Band, orchestra, choir, digital arts and more