Counselor in Training (CIT)
Counselor in Training
We are seeking energetic high school interns to serve as student leaders of The Northwest School Summer Camp.
You’ll provide outreach to campers in fun and innovative ways—and gain valuable skills. This is a great service-learning opportunity for high school-aged youth for the summer.
Who you are
- A rising junior, senior or 2023 high school graduate; at least 16 years old
- Comfortable with public speaking and leadership
- Able to work collaboratively in a team
- Interested in other cultures and languages (proficiency in a language besides English is a plus!)
- Excited by the opportunity to work with youth ages 10–16
- Available for training dates and at least one camp session (but you're welcome to stay for more!) Session 1: July 8 - July 19
Session 2: July 22 - Aug 2
Session 3: Aug 5 - Aug 16
Training: July 1-3 for Domestic applicants. International CITs will participate in training at the beginning of their session.
What you'll do
- Serve as a student role model
- Design and run activities during mid-day breaks
- Provide teaching assistance in camp classes
- Photograph the camp and provide social media content
- Assist with camp administration, including organizing and running Showcase
What You'll Gain
- Service learning or volunteer hour verification
- Leadership experience to put on your college resume
- Connections with people from around the world
- Lifelong memories
Note: International applicants can stay in the dorm on a space-available basis. The fee for room and board for CITs staying in the dorm is $1,600. CITs in the dorm are subject to the same dorm rules as campers.
Apply online today! Priority application deadline: April 1*
Complete Your Application
The application includes contact information, a few questions about why you are a good fit for this opportunity, a parent permission form and two references. We'll email forms directly to your parents and references for them to submit on your behalf.
Top candidates will interview with the Summer Camp Director and undergo a Washington State background check. We’ll let you know about the status of your application by May 19.
For more information, contact Leilani Nussman, Summer Camp Director at 206-816-6070 or email@example.com.
*Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a rolling basis if space is available.